Sunday, April 24, 2011

...that He is risen indeed!

Happy Easter!

I trust that you are all celebrating this momentous holiday. Well, if you're not, I won't hold it against you. But in my house, Easter is one of two big Christian holidays. The only competition is Christmas. But we still get cinnamon rolls on both holidays, so I love them almost equally.

Just kidding. But the cinnamon rolls are a very yummy and delicious tradition.

Anyway, I wanted to share a little game I have for you:

Start a competition with your friends or family members to see who can get the most "He is risen indeed!" responses to "He is risen!" As it's only eight in the morning as I type this, I have only gotten three, but as the day progresses, I willl probably rack up to about 50.

Do we really savor the truth of these words- He is risen indeed?

I try to. After watching "The Passion of the Christ" a couple weeks ago, I have had a little taste of the brutality of the price He paid for us, but today, the final scene of the movie rings in my head: You see the tomb, and Jesus stands and walks out. You can clearly see the holes in His hands.

It makes me want to do two things:

1) Get tattoos of scars on the palms of my hands,
2) Raise my hands and shout for joy.

Because He's ALIVE!!!!!

(Insert joyous scream here)

Now, as a loving individual, I need to politely scream at you (virtually of course):

GET OFF OF THE INTERNET AND CELEBRATE THE DEATH AND LIFE OF OUR SAVIOR!!!

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment