Saturday, May 7, 2011

...that camoflauge is a sign of weakness.

Well, I haven't blogged in a while, have I?

Sorry. It's been a busy couple of weeks. My godfather got baptized last week, so we went out to see him. I apologize.

Anyways, lately I have had a game on my mind. The game is not a game you should play around valuable objects, with small children, or in small, compressed areas.

I have been thinking about paintball.

Ever since our youth group played, I have been quite into the game. It may have been the most interesting experience I have ever been a part of. I was the only female playing, and I actually did get a couple of guys out. By the end of the game, I had built myself a shelter and was waiting excitedly for my next chance to shoot. That's when my mom came. But the only problem I encountered was this: While the experienced guys were all wearing camoflauge, I was dressed in a bright green sweatshirt. Not my finest moment. But as I discovered, if you want to be very actively...involved with the game, it's not such a bad thing to be wearing a neon color.

Now, you ask, how does this relate to the Christian values I blog about?

I answer.......

Well, before anyone comtinues, I will say this: I DO NOT THINK YOU ARE WEAK FOR WEARING CANOFLAUGE!!!!!! THAT'S NOT WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY!!! IT'S A METAPHOR!!!!

Sorry.

In a spiritual game of paintball, the teams are us (the Christians) against them (the ones who will try to bring us down. In other words, the world.) The teams are VERY uneven. And right now, it might look like we're losing. But raise you hand if you want to be wearing neon green, fighting on the front lines, ready to risk your ability to fight for Jesus here on Earth because you love Him so much.

I know I want to be.

Trust me, the game will leave scars; bruises; pain. But in the end, it's all worth it.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment