Tuesday, April 5, 2011

...that loss helps us find ourselves.

I know it's not tradition for me to post on a Tuesday, but I need to get this out somewhere.

My grandfather died this morning.

We'd been expecting this for a little while, but it was still really sad. My dad's having a hard time with it, my sister and I have to miss school for the funeral, and my birthday was postponed. (No telling about my birthday.)

But this has me thinking. My grandfather was not believed to be a Christian when he died. (Look back to my post on being ready for more about my thoughts behind this.) I never wanted him to spend an eternity...down there, but it's keeping me on my toes for right now.

I'm a little scared for us all.

All of us Christians say we're in it, but are we really? I've been having some moments lately, and I realized...

...if I was the one to die today, I might not be in heaven.

Now, let me offer this as a rebuttal:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

I was less than thrilled.

We need to realize where our priorities lie, and how we treat people. Our priority should be to model a Christ-like life, and we need to treat everyone like they're the beautiful creation of God that they are.

I know this was short, but cut me some slack- I'm grieving.

Just something to think about. Consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment