Saturday, March 19, 2011

...that we need to be ready.

I have a theory.

My theory: quite simple, really. It's not really mine, because a lot of other people share it. But here it is:

JESUS IS COMING BACK SOON!

I could be wrong. The Bible did say that when the Son of Man returned, it would be like a thief in the night. But the Good Book has also given us a LOT of evidence suggesting that our Father could be coming any time now. That makes me...conflicted.

I know that heaven is going to be a lot better than our temporary home of Earth, but I can't stop thinking about people I've grown close to who won't be saved. And I can think of a great many. It's kind of depressing. But it's their choice, right?

Well, I'm no expert at spreading the Good News, but we need to be helping those people along in any way we can. That doesn't mean we need to be throwing them up against a wall and shoving God down their throats. That will only push them further away from the truth.

I know this girl. She will remain unnamed. I used to go to school with her, and she is probably the most Godly person under 20 that I have ever met. She's kind, smart, funny, and everyting she does just screams, "I'm so incredibly happy and it's all because of God!" This girl was like a light in a pitch black room with no doors or windows. I couldn't believe how strong her faith was when we were surrounded by so many people who didn't believe in God.

That's the kind of people we need to be. The kind that just light up the room when they walk in. The kind that make people say, "What is it about you that you are so happy all the time?" The kind that are sprinklers of the love of Christ. I know that's who I want to be. It's what I pray for every night.

Think of all the people who know you. Now think of all of them who still don't know who Jesus is or how much He loves them. The day is coming soon when they won't have any more time to choose and they will have to spend eternity in...well...not heaven.

We don't know when He's coming back. It could be tonight, it could be tomorrow, it could be in 100 years, or even later. But I want to be ready. And I want a lot of others to be ready too.

Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment